The Informatics Innovation Center offers a new service for members of all faculties of TU Vienna:
The i2c StartAcademy taking place February 17-20, 2015
In this 4-day workshop participants go through a number of crucial steps to evaluate their PhD, R&D or other projects results for their potential for a successful business venture.
The first three and a half days will be intense work with inter-/national trainers and founders /and or business angels working on the individual business model while the second half of the fourth day is designed as a network event where you can pitch your projects to potential investors and/or interested stakeholders.
The i²c StartAcademy offers...
- a discussion of the project´s potential (PhD thesis, funded research project results, other ideas and projects)
- mentoring and practical advice from inter-/national trainers and founders
- methods and tools to set up a business model and finance scheme
- an open and collaborative atmosphere – participation is limited to a maximum of 10 projects (2-3 team members per project)
- marketing advise & pitch training
- sustainable service through an online mentoring program (for the time after the workshop)
- access to the founders and investors network around the i²c and Austrian Startup community
Details on the upcoming i²c StartAcademy:
- February 17 - 20, 2015
- Prechtlsaal, TU Vienna, Karlsplatz 13
- Submission deadline: MO, January 19, 2015
- Abstract describing the project and your expectations on the workshop
- Jury (i²c Board Members, TU, and external experts) will select/review applicants
- Slides i²c StartAcademy (in German) available on the i²c website
More details (in English) can be found here.
Note: Although the i²c StartAcademy is offered by the Informatics Innovation Center of the Faculty of Informatics, some of the i²c StartAcademy places are also available for other faculties of TU Vienna.
Please, help spreading the word and inform your research assistants and colleagues about this unique opportunity.