The following guide helps to to find our location:
Vienna International Airport / Schwechat
A multitude of international airlines access Vienna International Airport in Schwechat. On the airport's web site you find flight information, an airport map, as well as information about transport into the city center. You will have the following options:
- The fastest connection between the airport and Wien Mitte in 16 minutes is by City Airport Train (CAT). Single/return ticket: € 12/19 (11/17 € when bought online).
Daily service is provided from 06:05 to 23:35, Frequency: every 30 minutes. Find a detailed train schedule at https://www.cityairporttrain.com/en/timetable.
CAT extra service: For your return flight, you can check your luggage in at the Wien Mitte terminal, if you want, already the day before.
- The regional train (S-Bahn S7) follows the same route, same frequency, travels from 04:44 to 23:18, takes about 24 to Wien Mitte and costs € 4.40,- (download timetable).
- The bus service Vienna Airport Lines goes from the airport (outside the arrival hall) to Wien Schwedenplatz (service from 6:20 to 0:20) in 25 minutes. Cost: € 8/13 (download timetable).
- Taxis are available leaving the arrival hall, but will cost up to € 40
Connections: From Schwedenplatz, take the subway line U1 to Taubstumengasse, from Wien Mitte take the subway line U4 to Karlsplatz and then change to subway line U1 and get off in Taubstummengasse. Find a map of the subway/metro/railway system of Vienna here.
Airport Graz or Airport Linz
Arriving in Graz or Linz, you will have to take the train to travel to Vienna. For further information see Arrival by train. Passengers from Graz or Linz will arrive at Wien Hauptbahnhof (travel time about 2 to 2 h 40 min), passengers from Linz traveling with Westbahn will arrive at Wien Westbahnhof (travel time about 2 h).
Airport Bratislava (Slovakia)
The airport of Bratislava in Slovakia is within 1-2 hour's distance to Vienna and might thus be an alternative for arrival. Both busses and trains connect Bratislava and Vienna. Airport information:
Bus connections to Vienna:
- ÖBB Bus: Bratislava Airport - Vienna Südtiroler Platz.
- Transfer with Slovak Lines
If you prefer to travel by train you will find necessary travel information at the web site of the Austrian Federal Railways.
Travellers arriving at Hauptbahnhof, either
- transfer to subway line U1 to Taubstummengasse.
Travellers arriving at Westbahnhof (coming from the west with Westbahn), take the subway line U3 to Stephansplatz and from there subway line U1 to Taubstummengasse. You will find a map of the subway/metro/railway system of Vienna here.
Vienna public transport is very comfortable and the easiest way to get around, parking facilities within Vienna city center are limited and expensive, so we do not recommend arriving by car.
Should you prefer to reach Vienna by car, please bear in mind to include the official highway toll label for Austrian motorways (the vignette). Information at http://www.vignette.at, price for a 10 day car vignette is currently € 8,90.
Parking in the streets in central Vienna during daytime is restricted to residents with special permit or short periods (you will need a ticket called "Kurzparkschein" for short periods).
The Freihaus building (i.e. conference site) provides an underground parking garage. Entrance is in Operngasse 13, at the backside of the Freihaus building.
- € 3,90 per hour
- € 39 per day
- € 156 per week
See details at http://www.wipark.com.